6.27.2010

Hello!!
So some are you are wondering how the art show went.
It wasn't terrible. Ryan and I found a shopping cart across the street from my house, which was awesome because we had no idea how we were going to carry everything! Hahaha!

We got there at 8:30 and left at 2pm.
We didn't sell anything, but I wasn't expecting it and Ryan wasn't going to sell his original paintings. He just wants his name and his style out there.
My friend Kaitlyn, (not the normal one I talk about. The one from this post) came down and hung out with us.

Now, before I talk about the bad news, let me give you some background information.
I am very fair skinned. If I look at a picture of the sun I get a sunburn. The art show happened to be outside. I wore short and a tank top and it was a cloudless day at 89 degrees, which is about 31 degrees for all of you non-Americans.
I put sunblock on my legs before we left, but when it started getting hot is when I got Ryan to put it on my shoulders and stuff. I got BURNED. Not just a light burn, no it was bright red and painful and sucktastic.

However, with the help of putting on Aloe Vera every 10 minutes and a cold and hot shower, it started feeling better. Oh, and if you have no clue what I am talking about with the shower, it's where you don't listen to my mom and take a straight cold shower. From both mine and Ryan's experience, sunburns feel better after a HOT shower. So I mixed going from really hot to really cold for about 20 minutes. Anyway, later that night I looked up some at home remedies for sunburns. There was a lot, but I didn't have any of the stuff they were talking about. Then I found one.
Milk. Rub milk with a cloth on the affected area.
What the hell. I guess milk has some antisunburn stuff in it.
By golly it worked! I did it last night and then washed it off after I smelled like cooking milk. I woke up this morning and my sunburn is almost gone!

HOORAY!!!

0 additional things: